We are looking for a professional, friendly header for downloadable single page stories reflecting kids who live with inner strength and who strive to do the right thing. Although the masthead does not need to look childlike, it should be appropriate for its viewers: elementary aged children, (approximately ages 6 - 10) their parents, and elementary school teachers. The product is printed in black and white, so no color, please.
Everyday Kid Heroes
We are a young company that provides character-building products to parents and educators. We are looking for a masthead for a downloadable single page product that includes a short story about kids making a difference in their own lives and the lives of others, discussion questions, and writing prompts. This new masthead will be located at the top of every story. It should look professional, inviting, and not be distracting.
• Masthead Must Say: Everyday Kid Heroes / Small Tagline: Empowering Children to Make Good Choices
• We are looking for a professional, clean, warm, friendly masthead. We would like it to be attractive enough that a parent would put it on the refrigerator and a child would be drawn to wanting it read again. We'd like it to convey a feeling of positivity and upliftment.
• This masthead will be displayed on the top of every story, printed on an 8½ inch x 11 inch sheet of paper. Therefore the entire masthead including tagline and any line separating masthead from story must not exceed 1 ¼ inches x 7 ¾ inches.
• The masthead and tagline must use only black and white—no color.
• Although the masthead does not need to look childlike, it should be appropriate for its viewers, elementary aged children and their parents, and elementary school teachers.
• PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED STORY. We would like the masthead to blend well with the style of illustrations used on the front and back pages. View Story
• We don't want a masthead that looks cluttered, chaotic or too distracting, although mixed fonts are fine if it is kept clean.
• We don't want anything too techno and modern.
• We don't want it to have an "educational" look to it.