The files attached were rejected images from a friend who was helping us do some mocks.
Comments about the images from the author
1. i'd rule this one out because he's a spin fisherman, not a fly fisherman. fly fishing, of course, is the superior sport :).
2. pretty good, but i'm not sure what that is sticking out of his leg. a net, i guess. a little distracting, and the lake (instead of stream) looks a little mossy and stagnant to me.
3. pretty good, but the guy with that kind of hat and that kind of position looks a little funny to me.
4. might be my favorite of the five. i like the stream. but i'm not sure the "hooked" metaphor works as well without an actual fisherman. then again, it might be hard to find the right kind of fisherman. wow, i'm pickier than i thought.
5. nice scene, but i'm not sure what that is at the top (a tree, a person), and i don't know what that streak is.
nothing really nails it (not sure if that's possible) but 2 and 4 are probably workable. then again, if you want to keep trying, you might think: stream (not lake), especially a spring creek; a fly fisherman; a sunset; autumn. maybe a fisherman more in the distance, so you can't see his flaws? but, not all that is probably necessary. the right thing might come in some different sort of combination.