I've written a book about getting a divorce with as little stress as possible. However, the current title (Friendly Divorce: The Definitive Guide to A Stress Free Divorce) and cover design is not attracting buyers. So, I'm changing to title to "Win Your Divorce: Financially, Emotionally & Socially", and I want a new cover to go along with it.
I'm having the book printed in paperback through Wheatmark Publishing, so the cover design will need to meet their specifications as follows:
- Attached template must be used
- Attached cover and spine logos must be used
- Final file should be cmyk, 300 dpi and NOT flattened
- All fonts used need to be packaged with design file
You can read more about me and the book at: http://www.howtodivorceasfriends.com
The book is aimed towards a US audience and should appeal to both males and females. The design itself should be dramatic, but not scary.
The winning design should:
- Enhance the saleability of my book by making a person want to pick up the book and buy it.
- Incorporate the book cover design to effectively convey my "voice" and style, and will appeal to my target audience (people facing a divorce or already going through one)?
- Be creative. The book cover design should be a different and unique expression, yet at the same time be tasteful?
- Written and designed with benefits in mind
- Will make the reader want more
- Include the book cover design.