I have worked with Elsa dozens of time. She's the best!
How SparkyStu started their print or packaging design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
"Mindings" lets you effortlessly share meaningful moments with your family from your mobile phone. Personal captioned photos, text messages, calendar reminders and much more appear instantly on a wifi digital photo frame they need never even touch.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I would like a double-sided A5 flyer designed (delivered in Adobe Illustrator format)
We require a flyer which will be included in the box of a Binatone HomeSurf 705 Android Tablet (similar to this - http://www.binatonetelecom.com/prod…-products). Our software, “Mindings”, will be pre-loaded on the device (please watch this video for an introduction to Mindings - http://www.youtube.com/MindingsTV). Essentially, Mindings enables the tablet to be used as a digital picture frame. The HomeSurf will have been been bought as a tablet, however, so we need to show how it can either be used as a picture frame now or in the future.
The purpose of the flyer is:
- to encourage the user to launch and try the Mindings software (60-day free trial)
- to plant the seed in the user that if the HomeSurf is no good (ie it isn’t an iPad!) that they can still make good their purchase (gift it to their Granny?)
- to encourage the user to send for the free display stand (“what do you have to lose?”)
In the attached "Mindings Flyer Assets" folder - I have included two mock-ups - they are *not* design guidelines they are just to show what I want on the front and back.
(NB Our font is "Arno Pro")
In July 2011, Binatone are selling 2,000 Android HomeSurf tablets in the UK in Asda, Carphone Warehouse & Best Buy. Binatone have offered to pre-install the Mindings App on these tablets. Neither Binatone nor Asda/Carphone Warehouse/Best Buy will be marketing this as a Mindings device, but Binatone have agreed to include an A5 flyer in the box, and a 1.5-inch sticker on the box. So, we need to maximise the opportunity of making the user aware:
- of what Mindings is
- that they have in their hands now what is essentially a Mindings digital picture frame
- if the HomeSurf doesn’t turn out to be what they hoped for, they could still make good their investment and use it (gift it) as a
- Mindings digital picture frame
- Special subscription and free stand offer
The packaging will be quite dull, and the instruction book is an A5 black-and-white booklet - so we'd like the flyer to be bright and eye