Venanzio delivers quickly, and reaction to their work has been positive. This company will continue receiving my business.
How PiousDesperado started their print or packaging design journey
I need a "cover" to entice buyers to my eBook. It's a book about good luck and bad luck, especially about winning streaks and how to start them. The main theme is the fact that a person is more likely to be struck by lightning if he has already been struck before! I want a dramatic design with lots of impact.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I need a scathing-hot cover design for my eBook. See http://www.luck-struck.com to see what it's all about. I need designs for front, back, and binding; because if it does well as an eBook, it's going straight to traditional presses. This may be your chance to get your design work into the public eye!
Since it may be printed, I must ask that designs stay within the strict dimensional limits of 6"x9". Binding thickness may be between 0.5" and 1", so that portion of the design can be flexible.
The design should catch the eye and be exciting and interesting. Bold, legible text is a must. Photo-realism would be nice, but make sure I have full rights to use any art/photos.
The book is self-help, self-improvement stuff. It will appeal to readers of The Secret, et all. The cover should reflect that.
- In-your-face graphics. Bold, violent, nothing subtle. THINK LIGHTNING!!! Think gambling. Think luck.
- Title: Luck-Struck
- Subtitle: How to Take Control and Create Your Own Luck
- Author: Skyler J. Reep
- Binding graphic should echo front cover.
- Back can be a little more informative: quotes, blurbs, advanced praise (I can supply the text).
- A picture of the author would be good (I'll supply some options).
- The bottom of the back should have some space for the ISBN barcode.
- Please pay attention to formatting from other eBook covers, especially in this particular genre.
- Be able to explain WHY you did everything. I want marketing, design, and psychology. If I just wanted pretty colors, I'd be hosting this contest for kindergarteners.
- A 3D example of the book. Two angles, please, so prospects can inspect both sides. Paperback, not hard-cover.
- Corny crap. I want professional design. If it can be replicated in MS Paint, I don't want it.
- Clutter or confusion.
- Photographs to which I do not have rights. If you use stock photography, give me the source.
- Dead space. Pay attention to layout. Make it tight without being crowded.