Each year the Global Entrepreneurship Summer School focuses on a specific topic. In 2016, it is going to be “MIGRATION“.
For the communication and application process, we need a poster design (as main image in DIN A2).
The topic of migration is a global challenge and includes several aspects:
- forced migration due to wars
- urban migration within countries
- economic migration across countries
The aim of the poster and snippets is to:
- motivate top-students worldwide to apply for the summer school in
- inspire, attract and inform the students about GESS application
(without much text – only “Apply Now:
- appeal to our target group which is at the age of 18-27 years and
from all kind of disciplines and regions.
- clearly outline the global importance of migration
(and eventually the movement of people among different regions).
- make clear that GESS will take place at the same time in three cities
We like a clear and professional design without too many colors. As a style in general we prefer somewhat clear minimal posters, but we will give feedback to your proposals so you will grasp our taste.
The poster could be either designed with a photo that reflects the above mentioned elements or an abstract design of the globe showing the movement of people all over the world. If you are coming up with a completely new idea you are free to do so as well.
UPDATE 6.12.2015: MIGRATION per definition means "physic movement by humans from one area to another". The posters so far do not reflect this. It means that people leave their homes, their cities and most often walk alone or together - so far we have not seen this perspective (in an emotional way).
Please also try to combine the three aspects of migration: forced migration, economic migration and urban migration.
Another idea could be a perspective "from the globe" - a globe in 3D where you can see different countries and lines among them which show migration streams all over the world.
Please do not use birds or airplanes solely as this does not reflect migration in our understanding.
Necessary on the poster/picture:
- Topic (“Migration“)
- Date (10th to 16th of September 2016)
- CALL TO ACTION “Apply Now: http://www.globalsummerschool.org
- Three cities (Munich, Mexico City, Shanghai) or „105 students, 3 global
cities, 7 days, 1 challenge: MIGRATION“
- GESS Logo
- Logo of the four Universities & the four Entrepreneurship Center +
Social Entrepreneurship Akademie as in the example of 2014 (Topic
- Logo of the sponsor SAP foundation