1. I require a two-sided flyer to promote our tuxedo and suit rental and sales business service to high school students for the upcoming prom. We also want to promote our alterations service to girls, but this is not the main emphasis.
2. I have a postcard/flyer from last year for reference which was designed by a 99Designs designers.
3. Both sides of the postcard should promote our tuxedo/formalwear rentals. The back side should mention our offer to girls for dress alterations.
3. What is prom? In the United States, and increasingly in the United Kingdom and Canada, a promenade dance, most commonly called a prom, is a formal (black tie) dance or gathering of high school students. This event is typically held near the end of the senior year (the last year of high school).
4. The postcard/flyer needs to be targeted to an audience between the ages of 13-18.
5. It needs to contain appropriate photos that showcase our product. We typically use a photo of a man and women standing together wearing formal clothing that high school students would typically wear to a prom. This year we would like a group photo consisting of boys wearing tuxedos and girls wearing prom dresses in an outdoor or urban setting - in a park or school, or event at prom.
6. We are still working with a photographer on a photo shoot that will hopefully produce the perfect photo to use for the flyer.
7. The photoshoot takes place on March 3, 2018. We will provide the photo as soon as we have it. In the meantime, you can source your own photo for the purpose of designing the flyer. If we like it we will keep it, otherwise, we will ask you to swap it out with our photo.
8. We are thinking about the photo spanning the entire front of the flyer with our name and logo and call to action on the front. The offer, contact info, social media, website, and girls alterations should be on the back. You can, but it is not necessary, to use a small photo of a girl wearing a prom dress for the dress alterations part.
9. The postcard needs to have a clear offer or headline and supporting text (see the example from the last year).
10. It needs to contain our company logo, address, and other contact details, such as telephone numbers, website, etc.
11. We also have a prom rep program. We typically ask a few students to pass out/distribute our postcards. We give them a few $$ off for every student they refer. It is important for there to be a place/area on the postcard were student representatives can leave a number or code we use to track their referrals.
12. Also, very importantly, we've been nominated "Best Place To Rent a Tuxedo and Suit" for three years in a row by readers of the San Jose Mercury News - 2015, 2016, and 2017. I would ike you to emphasize this award. I have logos for this you can use.
12. The size of the postcard should be about 5x7.
13. Please note. I am looking for a hip/modern flyer that will appeal to high school students.
14. Flyer Content
$50 Off Rental Packages
50% Off Retail Orders
Voted Best Place To Rent A Tuxedo & Suit - 3 Years in a Row!
- Impressive selection of classic, modern, slim, & ultra-slim fit styles.
- Best value prices w/ no hidden fees. We even pay your tax!
- In-stock inventory - avoid surprises from catalogs or online shops.
- Award-winning service tailored towards student events.
- Rush orders are welcome - reserve early for best selection.
Ladies Alterations - 15% Off Prom Dress Alterations
Westgate Center and Great Mall - Address, Location, Phone
Open 7 days a week
Call or visit us online for store hours
Instagram and Facebook Information