She is just awesome! Took a concept and worked up 2 proofs. With a couple of minor changes we were done. Great communication and understanding of what we wanted to accomplish. She gets my highest rating. We WILL be working with her again for our marketing pieces.
Always great work!
How marvinspavers started their postcard, flyer or print journey
Who are you known as?
Marvin's Brick Pavers
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Marvin's Brick Pavers is a Madison area hardscape contractor specializing in high-quality paved brick walkways, driveways, patios, pool decks, fireplaces, landscaping, concrete resurfacing, outdoor living spaces, and more. We have more than 20 years' experience in the Madison and New Jersey areas, are fully insured, and are accredited with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Our primary target audience is middle to upper income homeowners looking to do exterior and landscape remodeling to their homes, either as an investment or to repair the property. Traditionally most of our customer base has been in the $5,000-10,000 range, however as part of a coordinated advertising campaign including this mailer we are seeking to break into the $50,000-$100,000 large project market.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We would like to update our brand image, beginning with this direct mailer campaign; over the next few months we will have someone redesign everything from our website to our stationary.
• Inclusion of our logo (provided)
• Inclusion of the BBB, CTI, NFPA, and PWNA logos (provided)
• Inclusion of the credit cards accepted logo (provided) and statement
• Dimensions conforming to the USPS direct mailer specifications (provided), inclusion of a mailing label box with the words “Local Postal Customer”, and inclusion of the “paid postage” box.
• Inclusion of one or more of the photos provided
• Inclusion of “Free Estimates” and promotion of our phone number featured prominently, as this is our primary method of customer contact.
• Inclusion of “5-Year Quality Guarantee”, see (MBP Brochure 3) for example.
• We are seeking something elegant and professional without being too “over-the-top”. We want to attract high income clients without scaring away the medium and small customers as being outside of their price range.
• We are primarily seeking a 6’’x11’ double sided or tri-fold 8’’x15’’ design. Other dimensions may be used however it should be large enough to include clearly visible graphics and relevant text.
• The mailers will be followed up with using product catalogs from Belgard and Unilock. Something that flows well with their designs would be nice, and you can use their catalogs for inspiration.
o Belgard: http://www.belgard.com/FILE/18729/n…ldwest.pdf
o Unilock: http://unilock.com/free-catalog/
• We have attached 25 project photos of jobs we have done and 10 photos of professionally shot photos we are licensed to use. These were chosen as being representative of the work that we do. You may use these as the basis for including other stock photography as part of the design, however we ask that you run it past us prior to inclusion or otherwise risk including something we don’t do.
• In the past, our byline has been “We Specialize in Hardscapes”. We’ve been playing around with the idea of “Madison’s Hardscape Specialists since 2004” and variations on that, if you could include a byline and a blurb based on the provided materials it would be helpful.
• We have attached our three previous brochure designs to communicate sample text and what we have done in the past. Our web page is: http://www.marvinsbrickpavers.com. Please DO NOT feel bound in any way to these designs as we are trying to seek something new, creative, and extremely professional.
• As mentioned, we are seeking a total brand identity redesign. If the winning design for the mailer is something we really like, there may be an opportunity for that designer to work with us to design the other components as well.
• Design contact will be Matt – he will be available via email to promptly respond to any questions you may have or provide feedback on designs.