We're looking for fresh new designs for the homepage or 'balances' page once a customer logs into online Banking on a desktop or tablet device.
Here's what our current homepage looks like: http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/sites/default/files/fm/ways_to_bank/how_to_guide_Internet_Banking.jpg
Here's a styleguide: http://sc-prototype-1234.herokuapp.com/styleguide
Some things we're keen to see:
- Horizontal navigation
- Using a "mobile-first" design with a potentially a slide out left hand menu
- Tablet/ touch friendly UI elements
- Dashboard feel with movable sections / widgets etc.
Mandatory items on the homepage:
- Account balance table which includes (see the link below for more information): account number, account type, nickname for the account, the balance
- An alerts section to inform customers of "things to do" such as approving a transaction. Existing alerts can be viewed here: http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/about/ways-to-bank/internet-banking/help (go to My Accounts Homepage)
- An area to provide updates and messages to customers, e.g. upcoming maintenance, security information, upcoming features.
- An area for marketing
Other items that you can try and include:
- An area/widget that let’s a customer know what’s “coming soon” such as a bill to pay, or a scheduled transfer or a reminder to "pay school fees" etc.
-An area/widget that lets customers know what they’re spending visually (such as mint.com)
-An area/widget that shows customer savings goals that that may have setup e.g. – my Hawaii holiday, $2300 saved, $700 to go, a picture of Hawaii
-A contact us area – this may be where a live chat window is launched, a skype video call or simply a web form
-An inbox where customers can view emails sent from bank staff to customer
-Potentially access to our social media feeds or community areas where customers can share banking tips
The above are just ideas. As a lot of people use online banking we’re keen to see what other ideas / information you’d want to see on your online banking homepage.