I am releasing my second EP and I need artwork for the front and back cover of the album. The project is titled "Chasing Daylight." Please note that the tracklist should be listed on the back and the title and my name should be visible on both the front and back.
For inspiration, I've attached several images that give the overall vibe/feel of how I want the cover to look. All the illustrations below should serve as inspiration only (especially for color palette and drawing style) and should not be used in the making of the artwork.
The story I want to capture:
My character was flying a plane (escaping from something) when the engine failed and it crashed landed on a deserted island. -- The island is dark, desolate, & mysterious with it's vast geography covered in fog and thick terrain. -- While exploring, my character stumbles upon a bridge. Although long, treacherous, and heavily worn down, it seems to be the only path to the light on the other side.
Something to note: While everything about the scene should be dark, this darkness should be surrounding a small spec of light/sunshine that my character is moving toward. (Chasing Daylight). Overall, there should be an underlying message of hope/optimism, with the artwork narrating this story.
Here are some of the elements that are required:
1) An Epic Bridge - It should seem like there's tragically no certainty that I will make it to the other side. Please reference the inspiration images for guidance.
2) Jumpsuit - I've attached an image of a time I went skydiving with my girlfriend (who should not be in the design). This is to give direction on how I want to be illustrated and the outfit that I want to be wearing. However, please disregard the colors in the reference photo as I would prefer a grayer, more muted palette for my artwork outfit. Also, since I would like my full body to be included, please complete my outfit with white sneakers. And finally, in terms of my positioning and placement in the artwork, I'd like to be seen attempting to cross the bridge.
3) A Crashed Airplane - The airplane from the same skydiving image must be drawn, but it must be crash landed.
4) A Hidden Mickey - A very subtle hidden mickey must be worked into the artwork. I have attached the artwork from my first project as a reference on how to incorporate this. If you look closely on the cover, a hidden mickey is formed via the craters on the planet.
5) Landscape - As mentioned earlier, the landscape should be dark and dangerous yet enticing and epic at the same time. I'd really like to encompass a vast, misty, and mysterious setting utilizing images of mountains, thick forests, tall waterfalls, etc. if relevant.
The album artwork from my first project is again, attached as well, so that should be a good indicator of what style I am looking for.
Tracklisting for Back Cover:
1) Chasing Daylight (Intro)
2) Back in the Day
5) The Spirit
6) The Road
7) Tomorrow (Outro)