Roast and Reason will be a weekly podcast and blog focused on all things coffee.
This design is for the podcast artwork. If the design also works as a logo for the company/website that would be great but my primary concern is for podcast artwork to be displayed in iTunes.
My name is Andrew Boyer. I am the owner of the company and will be the host of the podcast. I love coffee, learning about it, making good coffee at home, roasting my own coffee, and sharing my knowledge and experience. I recently launched the blog, which can be found at roastandreason.com.
Roast and Reason podcast will focus on educating both the casual coffee consumer as well as the coffee connoisseur. The show will contain educational content about coffee's journey from bean to cup, actionable information about how to make and drink better coffee, coffee reviews, interviews, and more. The tone of the podcast will be casual, informative, humorous, and will contain occasional swears. The target audience includes both males and females and a large age range (teenagers through 50-60s---core listeners will likely be 30s-40s). I would like the podcast artwork to reflect this tone and be gender neutral and able to appeal to these ages.
My primary concerns include:
1. Recognizable--The artwork should be unique, not confused with other current podcast artwork (particularly other podcasts related to coffee), and should standout amongst the sea of other podcast artwork.
2. Reflective of content--The artwork should identify the content material of the podcast.
3. Reflective of brand--Roast and Reason will be a casual, fun, yet smart and educated brand. The brand is not stuffy, elegant, or exclusive.
4. Timeless--The artwork should be timeless and sustainable. It should not look dated in a few years.
5. Text must be readable at small sizes--The artwork should be optimized at 150x150 pixels to ensure the text is legible on iTunes.
There are several things that I would like to avoid:
1. No cliche podcast imagery (microphones, headphones, etc)
2. Busy or ornate designs. Every design element should have a clear reason for being included.
Other than these considerations, you have complete freedom to determine design, color scheme, etc.
For your reference I have included the iTunes podcast artwork requirements, which I will require at the completion of this project below:
iTunes image requirements
1. Square image
2. 3000 x 3000 pixels image
3. Same image at 300 x 300 pixels
4. Text optimized at 150 x 150 pixels
5. JPG image
6. RGP colorspace
I would like to see the artwork in a square 3000 x 3000 pixel image AS WELL as in the form of a mobile display mockup within the iTunes store.
Thank you very much. I look forward to working with you.