How Jonumdelux started their other graphic design journey
J. Forsberg, Esq.
I want you to design my very own personal coat of arms or crest. It will be a graphic representation of my personality and values and hence forth an important part of my image and personal appearance.
I have dedicated my life to finding the road to a sustainable society. That doesn't mean that I am a hippie of some sort. I am a former business student and now run a company, showing that it is profitable to be responsible. I am a gentle person (or gentleman). :) I have a strong inner fire and I make things happend. I am motivated by driving change.
Life history in short: :)
Grown up on a small farm in northern Sweden with 4 younger brothers. Lived 1 year in Oklahoma, US. Started first business in high school. Met wife at 19. Studied business at university. Lives in Umeå, a small city in Sweden. Started sustainable business in Bangladesh 2008.
- Literature: Fantasy, sci-fi. Neal Stephenson and Neil Gaiman.
- Gaming: I enjoy playing Assassins Creed, the GTA-series or any game from Blizzard (Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo).
- Family: Married
- Enjoy playing poker
Symbols you might incorporate:
- Traditional walking stick
- "Harry Potter-style" magic wand
- The earth/symbol for sustainability.
- A map
- Tennis racket/ball
- Cylinder hat
- Playing card/deck of cards/playing chip/ stack of chips
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Anyone and all in my sorroundings, but most importantly myself. :)
I want you to design my very own personal coat of arms or crest. It will be a graphic representation of my personality and values and hence forth an important part of my image and personal appearance. The design is required to include two elements:
1. A crest, a design usually including an animal and a number of other symbols, that together represent me. I will use the crest on personal stationary and other printed applications.
2. A shield depicting the crest and the inscription "J. Forsberg, Esq." Bear in mind that I will embroil the shield on my personal clothing, so any design in the crest too complex for embroidery has to be simplified when applied to the shield. See sample pictures of crests embroidered on club blazers.
The symbol you will create for me is not intended to give the notion that I am blue blooded (which I am not), but it is still important to me that I can use this symbol in a serious manner. Hence, I do not want it to look animated/cartoonish, but like "the real deal".
If you want to use and animal in the crest I would suggest a moose (see pictures for inspiration), since it is the most formidable creature in my native Sweden and since I enjoy hunting them.