I would like a hero graphic for our barcode SDK project page. The page can be viewed here:
The page has a mock of the hero graphic. This is just a placeholder to give you a rough idea of what should go there. The graphic should include:
1. A document with barcodes on it. The one in the mock is actually fairly good, though it's a bit big and the shadow needs to be softened.
2. A box with (2 or 3) gears as the central graphic. This is the key piece we're looking for and will require some creativity. We're looking for a graphic in the middle here to represent our software engine - thus the box with gears. If you have another idea of something to represent the software engine, please use that.
3. Arrows indicating some kind of motion of the document going into the engine and motion of the data coming out. The arrows in the mock are too bright and bulky, so maybe thinner or more swoopy to show movement.
4. Something representing the decoded barcode coming out. This will likely be text as in the sample page (which needs styling), but if you have a better idea, that's great.
Overall, the graphic needs to be subtle, so use colors appropriately. The user's eye should go to the "Try the Free SDK" orange button, so it's important the graphic does not distract from the button.
The entire graphic (document, arrows, gearbox, text) should fit in a 611x180 area.
Ideally should use vector graphics.
My inspiration for this graphic is something like what's on this page:
Enclosed in the attached zip are the html files for the sample page (linked above) and several PSDs. The PSDs are just suggestions. If you have something better (cheap or royalty free) that's great. This includes:
1. hero mock.psd - the PSD of the current mock
2. psd-gears-icons.psd - suggested gears to use.
3. psd-glossy-box-icon.psd - suggested box to use, though color is no good and gloss is probably no good.
4. search-documents-psd-icon.psd - document to use.