We are looking for a word template that will facilitate a highly visual report on the carbon footprint of an architecture school. This report is meant to: 1) DISPLAY the results, and 2) TEACH the methods that were used so that other departments can conduct their own footprints. We are going for a Word Template over something in InDesign so that we can do future reports, link tables to Excel, and to make the template more accessible for office members.
We want a colorful design that uses the institutional colors that includes the following features:
- Sidebars and text call-outs
- Formatting for graphs and charts copied over from Excel. What we are wanting is to click "Use Destination Theme" when we paste primarily line and bar charts from Excel and be able to move on quickly. We spend a lot of time changing settings from the default Excel display to make our reports look more customized, and we would like to minimize that through a nice template.
- Formatting for tables copied over from Excel
- Good compatibility with copying things over from Excel is very important!
- Many headings at many scales. The idea is that the largest heading could be a section divider in the longest report and that smaller reports may just be using smaller headings
- The template should incorporate institutional colors (provided in a picture), but there can be some flexibility in choosing additional colors, which colors of the pallet are used (http://brand.utexas.edu/visual-identity/colors)
- It is important that the template is distinct from default templates that come with Microsoft Word, so please no default font combos, etc. See the example of "Bad Looking Report" in the images :)
- Prefer a clean, modern look, like the black and white shot attached, but serif fonts are okay
- Boldness and creativity are great!
TO SUM UP
- Compatibility with charts, graphs, and tables from Excel is paramount! I can provide some of the tables we are working with to the designer to play around with.
- Bold, clean, creative, and original!