I loved Binatang's design. It stands on its own, at the same time he incorporated elements from the book in a nice, understated way. Great to work with!
- Lucky Pixel
Added back cover elements to book design. Prompt response + great layout = satisfaction!
HRM is awesome!!!! I will utilize him again and highly recommend!
- Olivier Darbonville
Very quick and flexible. Thanks a lot!
How Mo10027 started their other book or magazine journey
Who are you known as?
"SELLING SNAKE OIL: INVESTMENT LESSONS FROM THE WORLD'S GREATEST FRAUDS"
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Business & Consulting
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The purpose of this book is to help high-net-worth investors avoid getting caught in a wide variety of investment frauds by informing them about all the various forms of fraud look like, and how they can protect themselves from being victimized by it.
The target audience is affluent investors, who are predominently North American and highly intelligent.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I am looking to design a book cover for my latest book entitled, "SELLING SNAKE OIL: INVESTMENT LESSONS FROM THE WORLD'S GREATEST FRAUDS", as well as the logos/icons/graphic representations for seven of the sections in the book. These seven sections represent the seven different faces or forms of fraud.
The seven faces of fraud are:
1. Ponzi frauds - "taking from Peter to pay Paul" and creating perception of real cash-flows and/or profitablity
2. Promotional frauds - Promotion of a "homerun" growth opportunity
3. Transactional frauds - Fabricated purchase, sale or debt issue
4. Fantasy frauds - Request of cash advance to unlock some sham value or treasure
5. Fiduciary frauds - a fiduciary, who had responsibility for protecting others capital, instead used to opportunity to reach into the cookie jar
6. Accounting frauds - Deceiving shareholders via sham financials
7. Insider frauds - Employing illegally gotten proprietary information for profit in public markets.
While each of the seven "faces" will need a representative image, they should have all be thematically similar to the design of the cover-page.
The cover needs to be elegant and clean, but I also want it to be memorable and thought-provoking, vividly representing the subject matter.
It should appeal to someone with a richer taste, perhaps even evoking the need to open the book in order to protect oneself against the threats of investment scams and financial artists. The "snake oil" in the title is a reference to the often-used term of "snake oil salesmen" to describe someone who knowingly sells fraudulent goods or who is himself a fraud.
The book will be in hard-cover, soft-cover and e-book format.
Mo Lidsky will be the author of the book.