This art is potentially for an interactive book. I have taken a few pieces of art and put them together to explain what needed in the attached creative brief. [*Please see attached design brief pdf*]
Initial images for phase one are ok to be in pencil sketch or digital sketch format. All final images need to be PNGs with transparent backgrounds so they can be seamlessly laid against white backgrounds - also all original files (like illustrator, etc) are requested.
I need a few “modular” black and white simple pieces of art to illustrate a choose your own adventure style interactive book. By modular I mean that certain drawings will need to be repeated with slight changes (like a character wielding a different weapon, but exactly the same for all the rest).
In terms of style and artistic direction, please think:
• Old school Dungeon and Dragons
• Very 2D, Simple black and white with a focus on a few defining items or traits
• Cartoony is ok, but not Manga-style (World of Warcraft style is at the limit, Odin Sphere is way too far).
• For more info see the brief.
In terms of art I need:
2 Characters, depicted in the poses requested in the attached brief - as seen from the front and as seen from the back.
1) Arthur: young 14 year older male human adventurer (young, male, human)
2) Maia: a young 14 year old female elven apprentice sword martial artist (young, female, elf)
1 Tarot Card depicting a warrior (middle-age, human, male) on a throne set upon a mound of bones.
1 magical sword, with a simple hilt but with the blade covered in runes. The sword must be laid flat.
1 a banner like image of a hand launching a spell. Imagine something where you see the hand in a certain gesture and a lightning bolt erupting.
2 variations of a Celtic infinity bracelet tattoo meets thorn bracelet tattoo.
1) 1st Variation: a horizontal banner like image showing an intricacy of rose thorns in which is lost a battered teddy bear.
2) 2nd Variation: as above but with no teddy bear.
1 Concept art of an Inn, as seen from outside on a very starry night. The lights must be on inside. Something odd: the inn must be set on top a small strip of land/rock floating in the sky.