This a prototype or design concept contest, we are seeking wildly innovative ideas that really take online grocery mobile apps to the next level. We don't need fully baked or fully functional designs (like including every element that would be needed in a real app).
If my client agrees to it, there's a possibility of working with the winning freelancer to develop the ideas further on a freelance contract basis. That would be the time to polish your concepts and try and be exhaustive with the functionality of your design.
Minor note: Today, most people who use online grocery apps pick up their groceries from the store.
The winner will be decided using a survey of about 100 of my client's existing customer's who have used apps before at least once using these questions:
* Do the ideas in this design make you more likely to use an online grocery app? (Not likely-somewhat likely-very likely)
* The ideas in this design make it easier to shop for items on your grocery list. (Strongly disagree .. strongly agree)
* The ideas in this design make it easier to compare similar products and prices. (Strongly disagree .. strongly agree)
* The ideas in this design make it easier to browse for products. (Strongly disagree .. strongly agree)
Here's some concept that my team had come up with that you are free to use or might help you understand the kinds of innovations we are looking for:
* An app that is based around taking a picture of or pasting in your grocery list to jump start your shopping. Or have "previous carts" ready. Heavy personalization of products shown to users.
* A section of the grocery app that is really specializing one product category. For example a health and beauty section might have inline clips of different health and beauty reviewers from youtube for different products.
* An app that is based around "recipes" showing dinner ideas and allowing users to clip recipes and easily add the ingredients they need to their cart for store pickup. Their pickup grocery bag might also include printed out notecards of their clipped recipes.
* An app that is based around the "stories" behind products. Our client stocks hundreds of locally sourced products. It might be interesting if users while shopping could see videos about the farms or factories that produce these items.