I had an idea for a company name, and a concept that went with it. What I really liked about Erlangga is that he came out with a totally different concept to what I described, and justified it with a thoughtful note. This is exactly the sort of creative direction I was looking for. I am extremely happy with the work and would not hesitate to recommend Erlangga to anyone.
- Antoine Delorean
Hey was creative a was easily reachable
- EM Studio
Another great collaboration
- PHI RHYTHMUS
Did a great job with our app icon, delivered exactly to the brief. Would work with again. Thanks :)
How Patrick Huang started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Games & Recreational
ReadSpoke’s mission is to provide online readers with a marketplace where they can purchase previously unavailable magazine content on an article-by-article basis.
The ReadSpoke app for tablets is a simple, clean, and intuitive experience focused on reading premium magazine articles after quickly browsing and previewing articles.
Our app will aggregate content from a broad range of publishers into a user-friendly environment while also providing readers with the highest level of purchase flexibility. Through a recommendation engine that provides readers with article suggestions based on their and similar users’ previous purchase behavior, we will increase the relevance of the online magazine experience.
Tablet apps for Pulse.me and Flipboard
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
The flow and placement of sections/buttons should be intuitive and minimize the number of user gestures to complete a key task, i.e. purchasing an article and reading the article. Keep the colors and designs clean and simple as the focus is on reading articles rather than flashy or obtrusive colors and designs.
Note: the names "My Bookmarks" and "My Library" are not set in stone so feel free to change if needed.
Consider the Pulse.me app and the Flipboard app when designing this home screen. However, given that both apps do not offer a purchase process for users, this home screen will be different.
We have started developing an iPad tablet app but ideally, this home screen would be easily transferable across Android and iPad of similar screen sizes.
We are only asking for a single screen, the homepage for our tablet app. On the home screen, users can:
- Quickly view the following for each article: 1) headline for the article, 2) a short preview of the article, 3) the logo for the magazine associated with the article, and potentially 4) price
- Quickly select an article to purchase or save to My Bookmarks (queued articles / shopping cart) without leaving the home screen
- Browse articles across various pre-defined or user-defined categories from business to technology
- Easily access My Bookmarks and My Library (saved articles not yet purchased and/or purchased articles)
- Easily access My Account features like email address and password but keeping the focus on the article viewing experience
- Easily search through all articles and view results without moving away from the home screen
- Easily filter through all articles by criteria such as magazine title, author, price, etc (optional)
What to avoid
The font type and colors used in the app should be consistent with the logo (see attached). If additional file types are needed both the logo and app icon (the magnifying glass), please let me know and I can upload AI and EPS files.
Also, the attached iPad Homepage App Design PNG file should be taken as our initial vision but you as designers have creative license to change if you think that makes sense.