What industry do you think your business is most related to?
This is an English dictionary app. People should be able to search for words. As people start typing words in search-box, app will show suggestions for matching words. Once user selects the word he is looking for, app will show the meaning and usage of that word.
User will also be able to create flash-cards and add words to those cards. He can then play with those flash cards.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
Bright colors. Target audience for this app will be mostly young folks. So color should appeal to them. It should also be very intuitive and easy to navigate.
1. Home Page – This is the page where user will search for words. Once user has typed three characters of the word, app will start showing him suggestions. In case app cannot find the word, it will show ‘Did You Mean’ words. All this need to be non-intrusive. Once user selects the word he is looking for, following information about the word will be displayed:
• A ‘Voice’ icon which user can click and listen to the pronunciations
• Part of Speech(Noun/Verb/etc) – n/v/adv/adj
• Meaning(s) – One or more meaning of the word. Should have a provision to add ‘Sound’ icon which will play audio for the meaning.
• Usage(s) – One or more usage of that word
• Add To Flashcard button – User can click on this button to add this word to his flashcard. There will be a default flashcard created when app is installed. If user wants he can create more flashcards.
2. Flashcard Screens – There will be two screens here. One screen will list all the flashcards user has. Second screen will be where he will play with the words. He can select any of the flashcards and click on ‘Learn Words’. Once he click on ‘Learn Words’, app will start showing him words one after another. If user knows the word, he can move to next word. If he does not know the meaning, he can flip and see the meaning. Once he is done playing the game, app will show him his performance(how many words he know and how many he did not)
3. Dashboard – This is the screen where user will see his total performance. This screen should show him his performance on various words. It will show him what words he has learnt well, what words he is struggling with. It will also show what percentage of words he has learnt and what is remaining.
4. Word Matching game – This screen will have 4-5 words and their meaning. User will have to match words with meaning. There will be a timer on the screen. After user is done, it will show wrong and right answers. It should also highlight right answers for the mistakes he made.
What to avoid
Too many images. This app will be developed using HTML5/CSS/jQuery.