Thanks Layla, Great Work on the design. Very professional from start to finish.
- Charlie jB
How geauxlearn started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
*I will work with the winning designer 1x1 to get original illustrations after this contest is finished. *
The app's industry is Education Technology. The app is a subscription-based interactive reading application for children. The main functionality of the app allows the users to create a character depiction of themselves, go through a fun pre-reading exam to pinpoint reading challenges, select the type of book the user wants to read and then the app customizes a personalized book for the users. Step by Step: The main features are:
1. Character creation via photo upload or camera
2. Creative pre-exam
3. Reading categories - User can select the type of books they want to read ( careers, super heros, etcs.)
4. Book creation with the user as the main character, the text is created based on user's pre-exam, and the setting of the book is based on user's category selection
5.Parent Performance Reporting
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
This app will need to cater to PreK - 4th grade levels.
The app will need to be child-friendly with bright colors
The app logo is yellow, so would like to incorporate that color along with bright greens, blues, pinks, oranges.
From the home screen users can upload a picture of themselves to create their character. Once character is created user's will go through a pre reading exam. Afterwards user can select a category and then wait for the book to be created. At this point user is taken to their library where the book will sit on the shelf. User will click on book to read. After reading book, user's performance is sent to parent and book is set to complete in the book library.
The pre exam reading requirements will consist of 3 categories.
1. What sound does the item make?
* Show an image of item (this could be any object that makes noise like an animal)
* User picks the correct sound out of 3 options
2. Read this paragraph
* Display a short paragraph with the option to record voice
* User will read the paragraph out loud to test fluency
* User will answer a simple question after the paragraph to test reading comprehension
3. Pick the item that is a “item name”?
* This test will show different images
* The user has to pick the correct image that matches the name
What to avoid
I would like to avoid stock photos. I would like to make this app as kid-friendly and animated as possible.