These game has more than just these screens. We will most likely engage the winner 1-to-1 for the rest of the screens which involved the online play screen of this game.
This game supports 2 languages, English and Chinese. Hence, preference will be given to design which allow us to to localization easily. The design could either be just graphical so no text is required or graphic with text where the text could be changed to a different language easily.
However, we would like to move away from our current text based menu to icon based, so that we do not the menu can be more compact and we do no need so many sub-menu.
We find the there are too many texts in the game which we hope to change in the new design.
The design could be done in either vector format or PSD format. Our game screen has resolution of 800x480 and the aspect ratio should be 5:3.
If PSD format is used, please design it at resolution of 2400x1440 and do not raster the layers.
There should be buttons or icons for the following functions:
1. New Game
a. Single Player
b. Multiplayer Wifi
c. Multiplayer Online
2. Resume Game
c. Game Rules
6. More Games
The setting screen should allow user to configure the following settings:
- Difficulty [Easy, Medium, Hard]
- Music [On, Off]
- Sound [On, Off]
- Speed [Slow, Medium, Fast]
- Auto Pass [On, Off]
- Swap Play/Pass [Yes/No]
- Background [Green, Gray, Purple, Cyan] *This may not be applicable with new design
- Card Deck [Paris, Royal, Classic, Modern, Dondorf]
- Animation [On , Off]
Game Rule Settings
- Starter [3 of Smallest Suit, Winner of Last Round]
- Variant [Hong Kong, Taiwan]
- Allow Triplets [Yes, No]
- Allow Flushes [Yes, No]
- Flush [Rank By Suit, Rank By Highest Card]
- Straight [A2345>23456>...>34567 , 23456>10JQKA>...<A2345 , A2345>23456>...>34567]
- Allow Two Pairs [Yes, No]
- Force Block Last Card [Yes, No]
**In Game Screen
The In Game screen needs to have the following elements:
1. Play button
2. Pass button
3. A "Pass" indicator that user has chosen to pass the round without playing
4. A "Last Card" indicator that a user has one card left in their hand
5. A count down timer to show user how much time they have left before they are forced to pass, currently a yellow bar is used
6. On screen indicators/graphics for showing the current poker hands played by the user
c. Full house
d. Four of a kind
e. Royal Flush
After the game has ended, a scoreboard will appear on top of the game table to show scores of various player and indicate whether the user has won or lost.
**Local multiplayer game waiting room
The local multiplayer screen should have the following:
- Button to choose if user is a server or client
- A lobby to show how many players has joined and also showing the IP address of the server