How oflynnadrian started their merchandise journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Community & Non-Profit
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Barnardos is a charity which supports disadvantaged and vulnerable children in Ireland.
Its target audience is women who have children (or have had children) who feel sympathetic to the plight of disadvantaged children.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
A tote bag which immediately appeals to mothers and includes the text:
The way you speak to your child becomes their inner voice...
The design should also:
- be playful and soft in a nurturing, motherly way
- involve some childish elements, possibly animated or graphics which would be quickly associated with children
- work on a plain, neutral beige Tote bag
- incorporate the Barnados Ireland Logo with the design in a subtle way
- take inspiration from the two tote bag designs attached to this brief
- Use the Barnardos' brand green
The design should be playful and soft in a nurturing, motherly way, however, it must also be clear. The design challenge is to achieve both, as we want to appeal to mothers on Facebook, where the writing on the Tote Bag will be quite small on mobile devices and difficult to read if it isn't clear.