Our company works in the Privacy Management area, located in Italy. Our customers are small and medium firms who need to collect, manage and use people’s data according to the European law.
1. Business context
In Europe and Italy there is a new, important and strict law that defines the way in which a firm must collect, store and use customer’s personal data.
For instance, no firm can collect any personal data without an explicit consent by that person. When a European citizen contacts a firm to ask them about the way his/her own data area managed, the firm is obliged to promptly answer.
It is NOT possibile in Europe and in Italy to launch a marketing campaign using any persona data that was NOT properly collected, meaning that for each data the firm must get an explicit consent by a person to use that data for commercial purposes.
Moreover, in Italy there are specific laws related to sensible data, such as health conditions. So, some firms such as hospitals, doctors, restaurants must pay particular attention to the way their data are managed.
Firms that do NOT oblige these laws will incur in severe fines.
2. What AreaPrivacy does
AreaPrivacy sells a easy, secure, quick, trustworthy and affordable way to collect, manage and use people’s personal data, so that a firm can meet European/Italian legal requirements without effort and focus on its own business instead of data management.
Moreover, AreaPrivacy meets the advertising and commercial needs of a firm, because AreaPrivacy maintains lists and clusters of people who have given their explicit consent to personal communication.
AreaPrivacy is the online Web solution to easily track, store, manage and retrieve user consent and to to easily record and protect all the data processing activity within your organization.
3. The AreaPrivacy values
• Secure, because our customers (i.e. small and medium firms) need to know that their data are securely stored and protected and no one can access them;
• Easy, because our customers are mostly very small firms (doctors, merchants, small hotels, professionals…) and therefore they are not skilled to use complicated user interfaces, applications and so on and they have NOT any in-house expertise
• Quick, because our firms must focus on their own business activities instead of wasting their time in data management
• Trustworthy and professional, because our firms put their own businesses in our hands and must trust us that we will always respect the European/Italian laws about Privacy and Data management.
• Affordable, because our customers (mostly small firms, pop and mom business) cannot afford to spend a lot of money for privacy and data management. We democratize the «privacy and data management» for all.
4. What we want
• Design of a brand/logo for AreaPrivacy
o The brand/logo design will be used in our Web site, our business cards, our PowerPoint templates, our brochures and billboards in conferences and events;
o The brand must be meaningful to small firms (i.e. our customers) and must convey our brand values.
• Design of our Web site home page and of one internal page (i.e. our page templates for « unique pages »)
o We are developing the information architecture of our Web site. Such site will be used to:
Communicate our services
Engage our customers (i.e. small firms) with content such as blog posts about Privacy, newsletter, important news related to the European and Italian new laws and so on
Make user subscribe to the AreaPrivacy online data management application
Make users access and use such online application
• We expect to receive
o Brand design files in « source format » and declinations for various usage
o HTML files for the above page templates
o Related CSS files
o Icon design and other graphic elements that you will propose, both in « source format » and as PNG or other formats for Web publishing.