This will be a website that hosts a textbook consisting of surgery videos. Just to clarify. The website is the product...there is no book to sell. The website address we have in mind is http://www.facialreconstructionatlas.com
The website itself is the product. The website is designed to help train future generation of surgeons and will be used by medical students, surgery residents and other surgeons who specialize in facial trauma surgery and facial reconstruction surgery.
From maintenance standpoint, it should be built on a platform that will easily allow future updates of additional video files.
The videos will need to be streamed and no downloading of the files exist. Must be able to run on a reliable service such as youtube where a video can be uploaded for private use and the website embeds the video file into the website. Youtube, vimeo or other video streaming options are also acceptable as long as it can handle large traffic and be able to provide secure cloud streaming for global access. The website should be able handle large traffic and is mobile friendly.
The clients will be surgeons who specialize in facial plastic surgery, facial trauma surgery, facial reconstruction surgery after cancer surgery or trauma. As such the website must have a professional, clean look. It should be easy to use by members to search and browse between videos. The website will host video files (roughly about 50 videos chapters) which represents a book chapter...These 50 videos will discuss various topic surrounding facial trauma & reconstruction surgery. Each videos will be about 30-80 minutes long. The video page should be able to allow video streaming options (rewind, forward, play, stop, similar option you would expect from youtube, including Thumbs up option and add to a favorite playlist option.
Each video file is a lecture with video presentation of surgery with step by step guideline.
Website clients will be practicing surgeons or medical school students most people using the service will be between the ages of 25-55 years both male & female users. The viewers should be appealing to these age groups with a higher focus on young 20s-30s group as They will make up about 80% of the client population while the other 20% will be medical school institutions.
The website should be easy to use by millenials as well and individuals in their 30-40s. Should be mobile friendly.
The website needs shopping capability to sell monthly membership to the website so it needs a simple shopping service that could be linked to paypal or another similar service. It should allow monthly membership option. Must be able to accept credit cards.
In the future, the website will be converted to other languages for Asian and European surgeons As such the website should have a universally accepting style of design for logo and landing page website. Needs to be culturally sensitive.
Thank you for your expertise and creative help. We look forward to working with you.