We are a retail store (web-based) that sells sensory and motor therapy equipment. Having worked in the disability industry, The Sensory Corner was started up to provide sensory equipment for the disability sector that was previously unavailable in New Zealand. We provide sensory equipment for all ages (both children and adults). Our products are not designed for babies.
We locally manufacture weighted blankets and other weighted products. The blankets are generally used to help calm individuals who exhibit anxiety, aggression, hyperactive behaviour.
The message we like to give to our customers is of hope, optimism, "can do", and independence. The personality of the company is: caring, open to suggestions, smart, friendly, personal, strong, independent.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The target market is the disability sector. Our main audience includes teachers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech therapists, nurses, parents, caregivers.
Our customers are caring people who help better the lives of the clients they work with. All of our customers are looking for ways to help their clients live functional lives e.g. managing stress, developing socially acceptable patterns of behaviour, increasing independence.
Predominantly, the target audience for our products are female.
The aim is to create a brand for The Sensory Corner. I would like a logo that has more impact than the current one and one that:
(1) reflects our message
(2) reflects our personality
(3) Possible colour change but I'm not fussed about whether the blue/grey colours are kept. No neon colours though (or anything too "loud").
(4) Text should be easy to read.
(5) I am happy to leave off the "The" in the logo if it makes it too long and difficult to work with (as the words "Sensory Corner" is quite long in itself).
(6) I would like to add the tagline "Positive Living" somewhere.
(7) I would like a symbol on the logo depicting maybe- hope, optimism, positivity, improvement or potential. If a figure is used, please do not use a baby. Age ambiguous would be fine.
(8) Please no cartoons.