Yinz Cam is an interactive, scalable, wireless-based mobile video technology to enhance the fan's viewing experience at sporting events. For the curious, "Yinz" stands for "you", and is a Pittsburghese term derived from "you'uns" or "you ones". Yinz Cam is described here:
The logo should reflect the mobile, wireless and video-centric nature of the technology, along with its current sports-oriented focus. The logo should look crisp, on a cellphone, a desktop-computer screen, a poster or a t-shirt. The logo should contain both a symbol and the name of the technology; the symbol portion of the logo will be deployed as an icon (think IPhone icon) on a phone screen that a user will click to launch our service at a game. The logo's colors should reflect the technology's roots in Pittsburgh (black and gold/yellow) or Carnegie Mellon University (cardinal).
****** CLARIFICATIONS (based on designers' feedback and questions) ******
- This will likely have wider uses, well beyond hockey, in the future
- If you come up with a new/better name for the technology (and, of course, a logo to go with it), we'd love to hear it
- The prize is guaranteed
- Yes, we will need a website designed, but this is for a follow-on contest (based on the winning logo, of course)
http://www.yinzcam.com (not launched or designed as yet)
I would like the logo to look great on a dark or a light background (perhaps, this means designing two different versions of the same logo, which is perfectly fine). If possible, I would also like the logo to capture aspects of the fact that ours is a mobile, cellphone-based video-delivery technology.
Our technology, Yinz Cam, is a suite of interactive, scalable mobile video technologies to enhance the fan's viewing experience at sporting events. Yinz Cam allows many (potentially tens of thousands of) fans at the event to (1) select from, and view, high-quality live video feeds from different camera angles in real-time, where the cameras are positioned at various strategic points in the arena, e.g., the net-cam in ice hockey, the line-judge cam in football, (2) view action replays from the current event and previous/related events. Yinz Cam has been covered in the press, notably:
http://kdka.com/video (type in "YinzCam" in the Search form)
The reason for us to have the logo designed is to be able to use it on our website, on our technology (i.e., on mobile phones), on t-shirts, on business cards, on large posters, etc.
(or, my subjective view of how I'm rating logo submissions)
1 star: not really what I'm after -- thank you, though!
2 stars: some good aspects in your design, but it's not close enough (in representing the technology, its usage or its intent) to what I envisioned in a logo
3 stars: getting closer to what I envisioned in a logo for our technology, but need revisions or a different take on your design
4 stars: design is being considered
5 stars: I really like the design and will make the final selections from these.
- black and yellow (or gold) to represent Pittsburgh colors or a Pittsburgh theme -- although I am open to variants or different colors, depending on how attractive the resulting design looks.
- Alternatively, something in the cardinal colors of Carnegie Mellon University, where the technology comes from
- something to do with action or sports
- something to do with mobile and wireless (only if possible and not too cheesy)
- work well on a dark or a light background (perhaps this means a single logo with two different color versions, based on the background)
- I am fine with there being a space (or not) between the words "Yinz" and "Cam"
- logo can/should have the text "Yinz Cam" somewhere, but also an easily recognizable symbol that captures the essence of our technology/goals, and that can render nicely (without the text "Yinz Cam") within a small square icon on a phone, say, like an IPhone app icon
- Something more than just the text "Yinz Cam"
- Something more than just the text "Yinz Cam" with a beacon radiating out of the "i"