Target Audience: parents obviously, with more than 90% mums
Concept: modern typografic logo with baby shoes as graphical elements replacing the letters "b" in "sparbaby". Think Google Doodle, but instead of the whole text, only the letters b are replaced by baby shoes. Please see SKETCH attached.
The sketch I provided is really just meant as a very basic idea, please take it into any direction you like, I'm hoping for many creative interpretations.
- really simple and memorable
- parents should immediately realize that the site has something to do with baby stuff (baby shoes)
- bold colors, but should also work as b/w or grayscale
- scalable, must work on a t-shirt as well as at small size (i.e. 100px)
- eps or ai file required
- Font names and source
Baby shoes graphics:
The baby shoes should be easily recognized as such, very simple and not overly detailed or complex. On a second look, the baby shoes should also be recognized as letters "b" and fit into the word "sparbaby". Baby shoes should be minimalistic but still recognizable. Nothing too sketchy.
Letters and shoes should be of similiar - not necessarily exact same - height.
- all lowercase
- we have a preference for modern sans-serif, non-script fonts fonts,
- if you choose a commercial font type, it should be available for purchase at one of the major font websites, preferably for less than 60$
Some fonts we like:
Colors are up to you, try to use only few colors, no gradients. Baby colors like blue and pink are ok, but make them eye-friendly, nice and bold with good contrast, not pale or pastellish.
- Update: no sticker styles or outlines please
- don't draw too much details
- don't use stock icons, clip arts
- don't use drop shadows
- don't focus on the "deals" topic, no piggy banks, Sale or % labels, please stick with the baby shoes concept
Please read the design brief carefully and check out the attached sketch (I'm terrible at drawing, but I hope you get the idea). Please don't feel limited by the sketch I provided. This is really just meant to illustrate the concept, please take it into any direction you like and be creative!
Thanks for your entry!