Thanks for reading this far! Promise I'll be a good client and as an Art Director myself judging on behalf of my client, I will choose the best and most appropriate designs. NOT because my wife likes it for some obscure reason etc.
Please keep in mind the following points:
- It's true the design has to encapsulate the VW Combi Van spirit and cultural history (the target audience probably already have an emotional connection or familiarity with the VW Combi Van) but don't feel to constrained because as always, being distinct and original is more important.
- Feel free to submit full logos (symbol and logotype), symbols and logotype (just text) versions, I want to see how it will work in different scenarios and applications (web, t-shirts, van wrap, emails...).
- It's good to incorporate into the logo VW Combi Van illustrations and designs of the van itself but please mix it up. We need a logo that stands alone without the combi van for several applications including email signatures etc. and the van wrap itself.
- The square or round versions might be a great place to start since the social media version is very important. (must look good at small sizes)
- Please don't ONLY use retro fonts, I want to see great retro designs but again, that's not the only thing I'm looking for. A modern twist might make the design original.
- French colours are fine but don't be limited to only that
- Please don't overdo the Eiffel tower (especially if other designers have already done it to death) but DO consider using Paris landmarks (including the Eiffel Tower) in the designs if you can make it work without being tacky or obvious.
- Please don't use the 'VW' branding in the designs.
- We don't mind a 'hint' of surf culture but again don't over do it
- NOTE: Please avoid the hippie associations
- Go crazy! We appreciate ORIGINAL design.
Thanks so much for considering working with us, I honestly appreciate all you designers who take a chance on 99design contests. I will reward the best designers.