1. What do you think will make your brand stand out from the crowd?
- Bottle Shape: older style unique to a gin brand
- Label: Victorian themed
o Victorian Curio Shop
2. Who do you see as your target audience (age, gender, maybe social background)? Realistically, your main target audience will be a specific demographic — who is it?
- 25 plus
- Dual gender
- Social background:
o People with disposable income
3. What is the unique, key value that you think should also be reflected in logo itself? (eg. healthiness, simplicity, caring, determination, etc)
- An adventurous Victorian spirit
- Historical design
- Botanicals used – cherry blossom, bergamot, juniper
4. How do you feel about colours? Does any existing branding need to carry over in any specific way?
- Colours to reflect era, beige, faded newsprint, white, black, bone, sandstone?
5. Do you have any direct competitors designers should be aware of? Or maybe just another brand from the industry that you can look up to when it comes to image they are promoting?
- Whistlepig Bourbon
- Pink Peppercorn Gin
6. imagery and themes we want
-Design that mimics architecture, design from the era
-Wrought iron fence design?
-Old Victorian curio shop lettering in gold on a front window
-Victorian decadence and finesse over industry
-Pleasure garden imagery – fun in the 1850’s
-Belle époque / art nouveau
-Botanicals on the label as would have been drawn by Charles Darwin
More work to come for bottle label, case packaging and bottle neck design.