Nine Turnings Tea Company was inspired by a recent trip to China. The company is founded on bringing the experience and benefits of Chinese teas and the tea tradition to the United States. The name is derived from the Bridge of Nine Turnings in Shanghai's Yu Yuan Garden's where the Huxin Ting Tea House has been serving tea for hundreds of years. The legend has it that evil spirits can't turn corners, so the bridge accross the pond in the gardens was made with nine turns.
Nine Turnings Tea Company
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We' like a logo designed to reflect the history and tradition of Chinese tea culture. However, we are also a young, fun and urban group. So we'd also like the logo to have modern, urban styling cues as well. Almost like a yin and yang with both old and new traditions expressed.
- simple clean lines
- timeless quality to the logo
- prefer no more than two to three colors
- can be red, white yellow; or
- blue, gray, yellow
- chinese symbols or fonts may be incorporated
- images or drawings of thebridge of nine turnings may be used as well
- the logo may use the number "9" or word "nine" ie nineturnings or 9turnings
- the logo may indicate the url http://www.nineturnings.com
- something that would appeal to individuals who are concerned with overall health and wellness
- can say, . "The Nine Turnings Tea Company" or just "Nine Turnings Tea Company"
- no dragons or snakeskin
- nothing complicated or busy
- nothing cliche
- no yinyang symbol
- no martial arts
- no suns
- no rainbows
- no moons
- no cups
- no leaves