Double-Checked Weddings (with secondary tagline: dotting the "i" in "i do")
Need to develop a look and create a branding for a start-up, independent wedding coordinator specializing in event facilitation of the wedding rehearsal and wedding day. My services are the final piece to a very lengthy planning process: A bride brings me on to implement all the arrangements she's made, to execute the final details, and to anticipate and troubleshoot any problems that arise so she can relax and enjoy her wedding day.
My strengths lie in my attention to detail and in fine-tuning every aspect of the event...I "double-check" every item to ensure nothing get missed. Clients with the same Type A mindset are relieved to have a capable expert there to see it through; brides who have a more carefree personality are just as happy to leave the nitty-gritty grunt work to someone else. (The name also naturally lends itself to a business partner should I bring one on in the future.)
Mainly Northwest brides in their 20s or 30s looking for assistance in day-of wedding coordination. I'm in the middle of that age group myself, so I'd like a look that reflects that I'm a young professional. Needs to appeal to someone looking for an expert who is organized and detail-oriented, yet personable and stylish. Generic, pastel-ly outdated wedding bouquet imagery will not do. Today's bride is looking for a more contemporary feel from her vendors.
* Logo only at this point (but keep in mind it will need to later flesh out in the form of other printed materials. The opportunity for an additional contest...)
* All lowercase would be fine (and perhaps even preferred to help make the meaning of the tagline make the most visual sense ...I'd like to see a few examples that incorporate it somehow below the logo).
* Needs to translate well to online use. I'll be looking to incorporate the brand into a new web site that needs to stand out to a bride weary of researching the vast marketplace of wedding vendors. The logo will be monumentally important in creating a positive impression of my services: competent, yet current.
* Think crisp and clean, but with a hint of feminine whimsy. Professional, but not too stiff. Can possibly play off the images suggested by the verbiage in the brand name, but I want to be careful to avoid forcing that.
* Would prefer a color scheme of bright red paired with aqua or robin's egg, perhaps a Tiffany blue … some kind of complementary blue somewhere in that realm. I'll trust your expert eye for the color wheel. I've attached a few images for inspiration.
* No clip art.
* I'll need the logo in the following files:
Print file format - .pdf (CMYK), .eps and .tif
Web file format - .jpg (CMYK), layered .psd (RGB) and.png
Thanks for your consideration!