The overall concept of the site is:
1) People working together to share research and information to help each other make better investment decisions. Users will share information such as articles, presentations, videos, or insights they have into an industry, that will help an investor better understand the prospect for a stock. Also, there will be a research report that the community creates that is very graphics-oriented and explains the good and bad about the company.
2) The term Mosaic is important because it implies the concept of aggregating a lot of data points that individually don't mean anything, but when taken together, creates a picture. Also, when the mosaic is created, the investor has an "ah-ha" moment when they see the puzzle fit together. This is a common term in investing.
3) The site will also emphasize a sense of community or teamwork. People like to share knowledge and insights, so this site will encourage intellectual dialogue about stocks.
4) The site will emphasize web 2.0 concepts, so it should be "hip", but also need to get across a sense of trustworthiness. At the end of the day, it's a site where people go when they want to invest money and are looking for credible information.
5) There will likely be two major users -- young professionals and retirees. This is a conflict in user preferences, so I would gear designs to the younger crowd.
Thanks for your help!!!