We are looking for a mark and typeface (of our brand name). The logo will display prominently on our site. Your vision will be used for physical applications too (stickers and stationary). It will travel with us on our social networks.
1) The logo must have three colors max-and one of them is white.
2) We want a logo where the mark or typeface can be freestanding if need be.
3) We are open to the use of nodes, spokes, hubs, quadrangles or circles
There are some things we would rather not see for either the mark or brandname:
1) The use of kawaii illustration, shadows, cursive letters, speech bubbles, megaphones, badges or buttons.
Desirable Brand Name Typeface
1) Causemakers should appear as a compound word.
2) We are interested in our brand name being built from the following fonts: myndraine or delicious and/ spinach. They are all free and links to these fonts can be found on http://www.fawnt.com.
3) We want to see the word "Cause" drafted with the myndraine or delicious font.
4) "Makers" should be in spinach font.
5) For the word "makers" please show us a pixel effect.
6) The pixels could be circles or squares and the individual elements you choose should have a margin greater than 1. The elements should not share borders.
Summary + Inspiration
We want a logo that reflects the boldness of our brand name and the spirit of collaborative disruption.
To get a sense of the space here are some URLs: crowdrise.org, dosomething.org and onebrick.org. Also, here are sites that we like: loggly.com, gigaom.com.
Here is a CHALLENGE: Our logo must represent volunteering in the 21st century ---social benefit in a technology-driven world. We'd like to see how you blend those two concepts.
To give you an idea of representative icons we've attached two images. One is the wi-fi icon. The other a pixelated white glove.
Can you create a mark blending the two images?
Original vector artwork (Color / Grayscale / Mark-only / Type-Face)
Font names that were used.
We are excited and grateful that YOU are sharing your time, talent and treasure with us. Who knows-you may be Causemaker in the very near future!