We need a logo. The primary use is for the signage for the front of the store.
• The text portion of the logo will say “Smiles4U”. The logo should stand out and take up most of the signage space. (see below for a screenshot of the store front)
• The artwork should also include the website address: Smiles4uDental.ca (use a smaller font)
• The artwork should also include the words “Family Dentistry”.
• The website address and "Family Dentistry" text are not technically part of the logo and should be somewhat separated from the logo part. ( they should be below the logo, with the website on the left and "Family Dentistry" on the right.
• As part of the logo we envision an icon that servers as a visual representation of dentistry. We prefer a tooth, but feel free to try something else if you want.
• Preference, is for bright colours that stand out on a beige background. Many signs in the plaza use red as the main colour so you may want to avoid that colour. The main text should use “Channel lettering”
The size/dimensions of the signage area are:
• 37 Feet Wide x 9 feet high in the center.
• 37 feet wide x 6 feet high at the sides
Obviously, you don't need to design the logo that big, but that will give you the aspect ratio of the design.
• See https://www.screencast.com/t/nUBvAZqFoB for actual spot logo/sign will go.
Other things to note:
• Logo/sign should stand out among all the other signs of surrounding stores in terms of professionalism and creativity.
• We should be able to use the logo in a variety of mediums (print, web, stationary)
• The sign will be internally illuminated at night. Best to use colours that look good when illuminated and during the day when not illuminated.
• Please use “Channel Lettering” for the logo portion as it is required by the plaza (ie. No lettering on a boxed background. The smaller “family dentistry” and website address can be in a box though
Google Street View: You can see a dental office at (Our spot is the “Dollar Plus” store which has closed)
Competing Dentist in the same plaza: ( Our signage should be more appealing to our target demographic than our competitor)
Some examples of channel lettering:
Boxed lettering example: (This would be fine as well the main lettering is still “channel”. The boxed “Sports bar and Grill is acceptable since it is not the main text”)