a catchy logo that can be used to identify games built with the SilverSprite toolkit. The logo is intended to be displayed on both Xbox Live Community games as well as we web-based games
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
SilverSprite is a free, open source toolkit for game developers. It makes it easy for them to create games that can run on an Xbox (using XNA) as well as on a web site (using Silverlight).
We want a logo that can be displayed on the SilverSprite site (http://www.codeplex.com/silversprite), on the splash screens of the games that use it, and on it's sister project silverarcade.com.
We want to be able to create a brand identity so that gamers will see the logo and think "oh, this is a SilverSprite game, that means I can download to my Xbox as well as play it online!"
- We'll credit the winning artist on the official SilverSprite project site
- It doesn't have to match Silver Arcade exactly, but I don't want it to clash. Silver Arcade can be viewed here. Note: the colors are not the same, they are blue and yellow.
- I want the source in Adobe Illustrator
- I would like it to be reminiscent(but not a copy of) the Xbox brand
- another source of inspiration XNA Creator's Club
- Don't get too elaborate, I don't want a fancy illustration with lots of details. I want something that looks like a logo for the Web.