CrossFit is a broadly inclusive, functional fitness program that combines gymnastics, olympic weightlifting, and metabolic conditioning into a single comprehensive fitness program aimed at maximizing a person's general physical preparedness. In other words, CrossFit aims to prepare individuals for living their lives to the fullest. For this reason, CrossFit serves as the primary physical preparedness program for many police, fire, and military organizations across the country, as well as being used by many professional athletes for strength and conditioning. More information is available here: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/wha…ssfit.html
The program itself involves putting small classes of athletes/clients through constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity over broad time and modal domains. Constantly varied means that the workouts are rarely the same, differing from the common gym in that CrossFit athletes are not working on a single muscle group on Monday followed by a different muscle group on Tuesday, repeated every day, every week ad nauseum. Instead each workout consists of movements that engage the entire body and are performed at high intensity (usually timed).
CrossFit 818 is a registered affiliate of CrossFit serving the Greater Los Angeles area.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience is a wide one, as CrossFit prides itself on being scalable for elite athletes and soccer moms alike. Primarily we want to target those who are looking for a way to incorporate structured fitness and nutrition into their lives along with a community of like-minded individuals.
Primarily we will be servicing adults, men and women, ages 18-49 with disposable income and a love for fitness.
1) Logo needs to be relatively simple, yet have a unique, professional feel.
2) The "F" in CrossFit must be capitalized. We will also accept designs in all CAPS.
3) "CrossFit" may be shortened to "CF" (i.e. CF 818); ideally we would like a variation of both (not in the same logo).
4) The logo will be liberally displayed in multiple settings (signs, letterhead, website, t-shirt, etc.), so it needs to be utilitarian.
5) Feel free to experiment with colors, but avoid orange, purple, neons, pastels.
Be creative! We will offer clear feedback early and often. We are ready to be wowed!