- We are looking for logo that doesn't look religious or "churchy" (don’t include a cross, dove, steeple, or flame).
- We are looking to connect with non-church people, 20-40 year old's.
- We are looking for something relevant, creative, and out of the box.
- We want dark faded colors, I like an antique or vintage look.
- We are open to having the phrase "Connecting people-God-culture" with the logo.
Red doors have a deep and rich history in the life of the church. In various places around the world, a red door signals a place of refuge for the lost or stranded.
It all goes back to the Book of Exodus…
Moses told Pharaoh to let the Israelites go free nine times, and nine times Pharaoh refused despite the plagues against his people. On the tenth time God tells Moses to prepare the Israelites for the next plague because He is going to send the death angel to kill every first born male son living in Egypt. In order for the Israelites to be spared from the death of their own first born, they are told to put the blood of a perfect lamb on the doorposts of their homes as a sign that this is a place of refuge. When God arrives and judges Egypt he passes over the homes of the Israelites whose doors are covered (red) by the blood of the lamb and those inside are kept safe.
The church, remembering this story and the ultimate realization of this story in the death of Christ, began painting their doors red.