We are a community college located in scenic Ironwood, Michigan. Located only 15 miles from Lake Superior and truly experiencing the four seasons, Ironwood is a very popular tourist area for outdoor activities (hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and the list goes on…)
Our college offers affordable, high-quality education, which allows students to earn a one-year certificate or two-year associate’s degree and immediately enter the workforce or continue their education at a four-year university. We have 55 academic and transfer programs, including Ski Area Management (we’re one of the only schools to have a fully-operational ski hill on campus), Business, Nursing, Automotive Technology, and many more. You can learn more about our academic and technical programs at: http://gogebic.edu/academics/
We’re currently rebranding our institution and will be utilizing the tagline “Go Bold.” Go Bold (which should NOT be in the logo) represents who we are in terms of education and our location. Our education is of very high quality and not typical of the “community college” perception. Our students “go bold” by attending Gogebic Community College and taking the next step towards a successful career. Our location also has a close connection with the “Go Bold” spirit, which our faculty, students, and community symbolizes.
** Possible ideas for creative inspiration:
- Creative lettermark showcasing the letter g.
- Abstract design that symbolizes our area (ski hill on campus, hilly landscape, abundance of wilderness and water, four seasons, etc…) *While we do have a ski hill on campus, we also have 54 other academic programs. We will certainly consider designs that feature hills or a ski hill, but we are not limiting ourselves to that one idea*
- Incorporate the tourism definition of Gogebic, which translates to “where fish meet the water.” This could be possibly be symbolized utilizing rings on the water or with some other creative approach.
- A pictorial mark that represents our institution or location.
- Use your imagination/creativity.
Gogebic Community College website (site will be redesigned in near future. Use only for information, not design inspiration): http://gogebic.edu/
Gogebic Community College’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/GogebicCommCollege
Information on Ironwood, Michigan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironwood,_Michigan