The Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) is an independent, not-for-profit association, dedicated to supporting, educating, and promoting the Microsoft SQL Server community. Run by an elected, volunteer Board of Directors, PASS serves a community of passionate SQL Server users around the world.
PASS’ mandate is to help fellow SQL Server users to connect, share and learn. Central to this goal are PASS-run conferences, ranging from free PASS SQLSaturday one-day training events to the annual PASS Summit, the largest gathering of SQL Server professionals in the world.
PASS is now introducing a new level of conference to its event mix – PASS SQLRally – and requires an engaging, exciting logo for this new regional event.
Brand character: Leading-edge, super-smart but very approachable, welcoming and helpful. Geek cool. Passionate about technology and about sharing information with others in the community.
Primary target market: IT Professionals who use Microsoft SQL Server Database and/or Business Intelligence products & services. Job titles include database administrators, database developers, data and data warehouse architects, system administrators, business intelligence specialists, IT Managers, IT Directors, CTO/CIO (Chief Technology Officer/Chief Information Officers) and consultants.
65/35 male/female, typically early 30s-mid/late 50s. Passionate about SQL Server and technology in general. Proud geeks. Analytical, problem-solvers, committed to their community.
Many but not all of our target audience will have heard of PASS or may already be PASS members. As PASS SQLRally is a new event, they will have minimal knowledge of this brand, other than what they may have read on blog posts, Twitter or on the PASS association website.
• Name: PASS SQLRally
• Logo to be used on website (we will be creating a new event site, ideally with the logo designer), conference name badges, simple onsite signage, possibly on bag or tshirt
• Consideration to racetrack/car rally imagery
• Require both one color (B&W) and color versions
• Future requirements include website design. Preference will be given to the logo designer to bid on future design extensions.
• Should give some consideration to the existing PASS organization color palette/font however not at all restricted to using existing:
o Black and White PASS logo used primarily in print applications
o Grey: 70% Black
o PASS Red: Pantone 1795 C, CMYK 0, 94, 100, 0
o PASS Blue: Pantone 294 C, CMYK 100, 58, 0, 21
o Light Blue: CMYK, 100, 30, 0, 0
o Font: Helvetica Neue