Primary target market: IT Professionals who use Microsoft SQL Server Database and/or Business Intelligence products & services. Job titles include database administrators, database developers, data and data warehouse architects, system administrators, business intelligence specialists, IT Managers, IT Directors, CTO/CIO (Chief Technology Officer/Chief Information Officers) and consultants.
65/35 male/female, typically early 30s-mid/late 50s. Passionate about SQL Server and technology in general. Proud geeks. Analytical, problem-solvers, committed to their community.
Many but not all of our target audience will have heard of PASS or may already be PASS members. As PASS SQLRally is a new event, they will have minimal knowledge of this brand, other than what they may have read on blog posts, Twitter or on the PASS association website.
The Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) is an independent, not-for-profit association, dedicated to supporting, educating, and promoting the Microsoft SQL Server community. Run by an elected, volunteer Board of Directors, PASS serves a community of passionate SQL Server users around the world.
PASS’ mandate is to help fellow SQL Server users to connect, share and learn. Central to this goal are PASS-run conferences, ranging from free PASS SQLSaturday one-day training events to the annual PASS Summit, the largest gathering of SQL Server professionals in the world.
PASS is now introducing a new level of conference to its event mix – PASS SQLRally – and requires an engaging, exciting logo for this new regional event.
Brand character: Leading-edge, super-smart but very approachable, welcoming and helpful. Geek cool. Passionate about technology and about sharing information with others in the community.
• Name: PASS SQLRally
• Logo to be used on website (we will be creating a new event site, ideally with the logo designer), conference name badges, simple onsite signage, possibly on bag or tshirt
• Consideration to racetrack/car rally imagery
• Require both one color (B&W) and color versions
• Future requirements include website design. Preference will be given to the logo designer to bid on future design extensions.
• Should give some consideration to the existing PASS organization color palette/font however not at all restricted to using existing:
o Black and White PASS logo used primarily in print applications
o Grey: 70% Black
o PASS Red: Pantone 1795 C, CMYK 0, 94, 100, 0
o PASS Blue: Pantone 294 C, CMYK 100, 58, 0, 21
o Light Blue: CMYK, 100, 30, 0, 0
o Font: Helvetica Neue