How P-38 National Assn started their logo design journey
The P-38 Lightning was a twin-engine WWII fighter aircraft, and the only plane which was in production from the beginning of the war until the end of it. It had many unique characteristics such as twin booms and counter-rotating props. Our website is being completely redesigned, and we now need a new header.
P-38 National Association & Museum
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a non-profit, all volunteer organization. I will be paying for the header out of my own pocket, thus the modest prize. We will be posting design credit to the contest winner.
Our website is very dated and is being completely revamped, but we need a new design direction.
To see several versions of what a P-38 looks like, you can do a Google image search for "P-38" or "P-38 Lightning."
P-38 stats and history can be found here.
- We like the look of the plane coming at you such as this and this. This is preferable to the half-profile, side or top view, but it must show the distinct shape of the aircraft. It does not have to be coming directly at you; it can be angled to right, left, top or bottom. But heading into camera rather than any other view.
- The P-38 was in every theater of operation (Europe, Pacific, Mediterranean, China-Burma-India, etc.) so we would like the globe featured in some designs, although it is not mandatory.
- The name of the organization must be included: P-38 National Association & Museum.
- Preferred color scheme not determined, although obviously including a nice blue would be a plus. The blues on this page are nice.
- Retro design optional, but we want to look more to the future than the past.
- We do not want our current logo or colors featured in the new design.
- Do NOT use the goldenrod color (##F5CA3D) or the blue (#104f67) on our current site. We want to change entire color scheme.