This designer is highly professional and able to work collaboratively on a brief. He was also highly responsive with changes and updates. I highly recommend him.
How James Currier started their logo design journey
Ooga is a Web incubator -- or greenhouse -- that builds branded consumer Web sites and launches them. We're looking for a logo that is fun, vibrant, techy, distinctive, cool.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a cutting edge Web development company in San Francisco, currently 25 people but hiring designers and engineers every week as we grow.
We want a brand to help us recruit designers and software engineers and grow the company. I believe getting a good brand starts with a distinctive logo (we'll be putting the logo on our website, on T-shirts, fleeces, mouse pads, etc). The "Ooga" brand will NOT be a consumer brand. The Ooga brand is just for the technology community in San Francisco, and the world wide press and bloggers who might want to talk about the products we are building.
We are nice people, intelligent people, and we are passionate about building websites that touch 10's of millions of consumers in a positve way (we've done it 4 times in the last 10 years and want to keep doing it).
- The Ooga should be **easily readable** type. You're eye should know what you're reading immediately. This is really important
- I would like a mascot, like Twitter has a bird, but we can't have a bird. It's clean and techy and distinctive. Not overly detailed or cartoony or childish. Good examples are elephant (could be sophisticated), a rock, a fire, dinosaur. Stonehenge comes to mind as well.
- Our brand is hip and techy, but nice and energetic. It must feel trustworthy but fun, healthy, happy, like a company that could launch both http://www.medpedia.com and a fun social game with Disney-type artwork (because we have done both).
- We like things a little rougher around the edges, more organic.
- Item 1... can't look like Google, Ycombinator.com, idealab.com, obvious.com, ideo.com, zynga.com.
- We can't have birds in the logo.