What We Do:
We build capacity in Canadian and international public sector organizations, with a focus on performance audit, oversight, and governance.
How We Do It:
We build capacity by developing and delivering:
• Training workshops and learning opportunities;
• Methodology, guidance and toolkits;
• Applied and advanced research;
• Information sharing events and dialogue;
• Community building initiatives.
Who We Work With:
Our members, partners, and stakeholders include:
• Canadian legislative auditors, other performance auditors, and their organizations;
• International supreme audit institutions (SAIs), including regional associations of SAIs;
• Oversight bodies, senior public officials, and other users/preparers of performance information;
• Professional bodies that provide standards, guidance and professional development to performance auditors;
• Development agencies that support the application of our work in selected developing countries; and,
• Academia and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Local to Global
For accountability to work properly, all parties to the accountability relationship – governing/oversight bodies – management – and the auditor who serves this accountability relationship, play important and interdependent roles. Inherent to our work is the belief that proper accountability requires auditors with the knowledge and skills to produce reports that make an impact, oversight bodies able to effectively discharge their responsibilities, and managers that can implement audit recommendations to enhance their organization’s performance. These are the foundations for an accountable and high-performing public sector.