Our goal is a new logo for our conference but we would love to use a variation on our blog as well. At the moment we use a spectrum of the 5 colors attached, you don´t have to use all of them and you can also integrate new ones if you like.
Please do not use one of the Social Networks Corporate colors (e.g. Facebook blue, twitter blue, pinterest red, ..) The same goes for the font, don't use any of the big networks fonts. Further more the font has to be open or free or be part of a of a standard OS-X Installation.
Our OLD conference logo does have two speech bubbles, please forget about them and don´t use them. They were to random for us and other people us logos similar to that a lot.
Important for us:
- The design has to work in a lot of places (e.g. facebook page, conference brochure, banner, … )
- Don´t use parts of the official facebook logo, even if we do have facebook in our name we have to make clear that we´re not facebook and that we´re much more than facebook
- Don´t use icons that look like the stuff you find searching for „marketing“ on shutterstock, fontawesome and the like
- Think mobile first, desktop second and not a lot about print products
- Are there any patterns you would associate? Patterns we could use for roll-ups, social media images and so on.
- We like clean and simple designs
Think about stuff that connects us, about marketing, about news, about networking, about a conference and be creative.