I've attached a few inspirational images of old military patches. I'd like the design to be inspired by those, but much more crisp, modern, and intricate.
I've attached an image of a prior design from here that I had done for a former military unit. This design is amazing and captures the feeling I'd like to have for this new design as well. In the old design, our operating bases and states were incorporated in the bottom left of the flag. We make our money with our words so there is a bomb in the skull's mouth. The skull has a barrister wig because we are lawyers. There's a lot going on and it all ties together real nice to represent us.
The logo should be serious enough to evoke feelings of the life or death decisions our people deal with every day. But this doesnt need to be in your face, it can be an incorporated skull or bomb or plane etc.
We work at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. I'd like some or all of the following icons incorporated into the graphic: 1) The Alamo; 2) The Tower of America; 3) A flat brimmed Training Instructor hat; 4) The bridge recruits cross; 5) the San Antonio Skyline.
I'd also like to see incorporation of some or all of: 1) A skull; 2) Judge's Gavel; 3) Scales of justice.
Finally, I’ve laid out our main customers below, where I discuss the drawing I’ve already done. To the extent possible, think about including these customers in some regard.
I've taken a hack at this logo and have included that idea here, as a drawing. I want this to be inspirational insofar as the elements I've incorporated and how they were done. I do not want all the submissions to look exactly like what I've done. Take liberties and run with the feeling! ---The drawing incorporates desired elements as follows:
1) It is set up like a patch and the Alamo's facade makes up the upper shaped-outline.
2) Lackland Legal is our unit and the lightening bolt is iconic military imagery and is used to separate components of the design.
3) The Top-Left quadrant is a skull with a Training Instructor hat and crossed gavels. This incorporates the Training mission and legal in the form of skull and cross bones.
4) The Top-Middle has some flying deltas. Again, classic military imagery representing our mission.
5) Flowing down from the flying deltas to the bottom is a BLUE LINE. This represents the "Long Blue Line" of trainees that have come before our current trainees. It also represents the River Walk, downtown.
6) The iconic Lackland BRIDGE bisects the BLUE LINE.
7) The Top-Right has a DOG SKULL to represent the Military Working Dog unit we are responsible for.
8) The Bottom-Left has a ROD OF ASCLEPIUS to represent the Medical unit we advise. We consdiered turning this into the TOWER OF AMERICA but didnt have time.
9) The Bottom-Right has a DAGGER to represent the Special Warfare Unit we advise. We have stylized it into the SCALES OF JUSTICE to represent our legal mission.
10) We included a motto at the bottom. This is not necessary but you can work with it. "The Biggest and the Best" is what it says. --You could also incorporate a design element like "The Big G." It's a play on "Big Government." Likewise, we thought about incorporating "OG" to represent "Original Government" since all enlisted troops start out at our location.
All he above are just ideas. Be creative, take risks, and do what you do! I really just want something that incorporates as many relevant elements as possible and doesnt look crowded. BONUS POINTS FOR SYMBOLISM.