The following are design REQUIREMENTS (designs that do not follow these will not be selected):
• Tree – This should be the basis of the logo.
• Branch structure – This is symbolic of the companies methodology is very important. The main trunk should split into 3 main branches as depicted in tree_lines_grey.jpg. Each of these main branches will have a unique sub-branch structure. To make it easier to describe, I also attached a color-coded version (tree_lines_colors.jpg). One of the main branches should only split once, into two smaller branches, like the blue branch in tree_lines_colors.jpg. Another main branch should split into two, with only one of those branches splitting again into two, like the green branch in tree_lines_colors.jpg. The final main branch should split into two, with each of those branches also splitting into two, like the orange branch in tree_lines_colors.jpg.
• Tree leaves – DO NOT only include a tree with branches. The tree in the logo SHOULD have leaves, of some kind. I want it to look alive and cheerful. They should be some shade or multiple shades of green.
• Colors – DO NOT use the blue-green-orange color scheme in tree_lines_colors.jpg. Those colors were solely to help describe the branch structure.
The following are design IDEAS (I’m thinking these would be good, but I’d also like to see other ideas and options):
• Tree branches – The ugly branches depicted in tree_lines_grey.jpg and tree_lines_colors.jpg are NOT meant to be copied. They were just to describe the specific branch splits. Please use your creativity to make a realistic depiction of tree branches. They could be more curvy, as in tree_curves.jpg, but do not have to be. In general, the tree in the logo should be a simplified version of a real tree, while still being somewhat realistic.
• Tree leaves – The leaves on the tree will also need to be a simplified version of reality, as I DO NOT want an overly complicated logo. The leaves could also be more abstract, like big circles, or whatever. Use your creativity and see what seems to strike the right balance for simplified reality.
• Tree in circle – One logo I’d like to see is the tree enclosed in a circle. To accomplish this, I’d like the tree, with it’s branch structure and leaves to make a circular canopy. That said, a less circular tree may also work well, but probably not enclosed in a circle. I’d like to see non-circle-based logos as well.
• Colors – While the leaves need to be green, the branches and trunk color is to be determined. Perhaps brown or grey. What do you think? Brown might be good, but maybe too realistic. Maybe a grey would signify that this is a simplified version of reality. But that’s just some ideas – please try whatever you think might be good.
• Light – If some element of light, potentially a sun or sun’s rays, can be included without looking tacky, that would be good too, but is not a requirement. I like the element of light, as I think it is symbolic of increase knowledge and understanding, and light in nature through tree usually evokes a feeling of peace. If this can be captured in the logo without being too complicated or awkward, that would be cool.
• Earth – The tree could be floating or grounded in a bit of “earth”. Whatever you think works. Again, the goal is a simplified version of reality – whatever seems to go with that.