Joel was great! He was amenable to suggestions, prompt in revisions, and produced a creative and original logo that stood out from the pack!
How Tristro started their logo design journey
We need a simple, fun, unique, and memorable character illustration. The character, named Smiles, will be used in a variety of ways to promote products that will help children around the world. The logo is simply a combination of the character design and 'makingsmiles.com'.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Our company's mission is to 'experience the joy of touching lives,' and we have developed this initiative to touch the lives of children in need around the world. Makingsmiles.com will be a website devoted to using profits from selling merchandise to support children's charities.
In order to accomplish our goals, we need to design a character who will be synonymous with the word 'smiles' and a logo that couples the character and 'makingsmiles.com'.
The character needs to be a simple, fun illustration that can be used in a variety of different ways and eventually can be used in place of the word 'smiles'. For example, we want to use the character on t-shirts. The character needs to be simplistic, yet unique enough to be memorable and trademarked.
The logo is basically the character...just add makingsmiles.com.
We require the final work to be in vector form compatible with either Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Simple and fun
- Character's name is 'smiles'
- Design must be flexible- Used on many different color backgrounds
- Used in various positions/expressions (although smiling is obviously important)
- Must print well in black and white, although color is encouraged in the design
- Appeals to both children and adults
- Logo - use a fun but legible typeface
- Max 4 colors (not including black or white)
- Steer clear of dentistry...we don't want any confusion with our name
- No pets
- No clipart. We want a unique design.