I'm targeting dog owners who take the time to think about where their food comes from, and by extension, care enough to think about where their pets' food comes from. Dog owners who don't pamper their dogs with material goods, but who really care about their dogs' health and nutrition. My demographic believes that you are what you eat, so they won't mind paying a few cents more to ensure that their dogs get the very best. My plan is to start selling at local dog runs and farmers' markets before moving to the Internet and natural food stores, including Whole Foods supermarkets.
I'm an urban planner in my 30s who grew up with dogs and decided to rescue a dog when I moved to NYC, small spaces be damned. As a dog owner, I'm passionate about animals and always wondered why I didn't become a vet or work with animals for a living. Well, the time has finally come for me to try to see if I can do something about my passion by baking all natural dog treats.
My dog, Zeek, is my primary tester, but I'm testing my treats with all the neighborhood dogs, and they are a hit! I'm now focused on turning my hobby into a home business by baking ALL-NATURAL DOG TREATS that are low in fat, sugar, salt and everything else that is bad and artificial in this world. I use organic ingredients whenever possible and am working on a wheat-free line for dogs with allergies. I'm doing what I can to help not only Zeek, but all dogs live longer, healthier lives, and I couldn't be happier.
I'm looking for a CLEAN & MODERN, FUN & FRIENDLY design that would put a smile on a kid's face just by seeing it. Nothing cluttered or fancy, but SIMPLE & RELAXED... just like Zeek! I've attached some pictures for inspiration.
(1) Design should be CLEAR & BOLD, and incorporate a dog (preferably one that looks like Zeek) and/or a bone;
(2) Typeface should be SIMPLE & EASY enough for your grandmother to read;
(3) Feel free to experiment with COLOR, but no shadows or gradients;
(4) Feel free to incorporate the TAGLINE "All Natural" if it works (before the brand name), but no pressure; and lastly,
(5) No clip art or photos--my plan is to use the winning logo on business cards, a future website, t-shirts and other marketing brochures, etc. so it needs to be SCALABLE and an ORIGINAL, UNIQUE work of art.
Here's an example of a logo that works (see "farmdog" but obviously don't copy it for this contest!): http://www.fuelyourcreativity.com/5…spiration/
Here's what doesn't work: http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/b-dog
Preferred file formats:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Thanks and good luck!! Zeek and I can't wait to see what you come up with!