Yogofrút (with an accent in the letter "u")
Yogofrút is a family owned business that serves frozen yogurt*. The business will open in 2 months and will be located in Lewisville, Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex) in a strip mall.
The frozen yogurt business stands for a healthy approach to having dessert. It also emphasizes a fun and welcoming environment. Consumers visit a Frozen Yogurt store to spend time with friends, chat and have a sweet treat.
This business wants to relate its product to the health related characteristics of fruit as well as its qualities (color, shape, texture). It also wants to establish a close relation with its consumers and be more personal than its competitors.
The logotype should transmit the following feelings: refreshed, energized, invigorating, satisfying, and of course, FUN.
The environment of the store is one of cleanness yet playfulness, exotic (tropical fruits) and slick graphics.
*frozen yogurt: Frozen yogurt is a variant of ice cream. While maintaining the same properties of a sweet and pleasant dessert, frozen yogurt is low in calories and based on yogurt, making it healthier. It’s a very popular item for the crowd who is health conscious but still want to have fun going out for some ice cream/frozen yogurt.
The target audience in order of relevance is:
1. Youngsters between the ages of 15 – 22 years old. (high school and college level)
2. Families with young children between 5 – 14 years old.
3. 30+ year old fitness-oriented people (both men and women)
Given the product and the age of the consumer audience the design style can be dynamic, innovative, creative, fun, colorful, energizing, refreshing and clean yet professionally executed.
1. Most of the marketing will be done online with extensive use of social media. Animation, music, video, special promotions, contests and so on will be part of the promotional pieces; so, keep in mind that the logo, or part of the logo may at some point be animated, (see this sample: http://www.yogenfruz.com) or part of a screen saver, a mobile download and so on. NEVERTHELESS, the logotype should be a compact design, a unit treated as a whole.
2. The logotype will need to be highly scalable, from printing on a teaspoon to printing on a banner or outdoor display.
3. Okay to incorporate fruit shapes. Open to various colors and type faces.
4. Final work in vector art (AI) and PSD.