The company is a new and modern business. We have no offices and are completly ‘cloud’ based. All staff work remotely using web collaboration and communication tools. These technologies and practices, as well as a strong focus on process management and controls allow us to provide a high quality, flexible, responsive service to clients.
Slogan - the brand name is Slate DTE and it should be able to appear with and without the slogan / tag line “Data and transaction entry”. This may require two slightly different versions of the logo to be designed.
Brand themes and company values:
• Empowering bookkeepers in their businesses (Times are changing ... bookkeeping as a profession is being ‘promoted’ and modern bookkeepers can now outsource data entry and focus on complex value add services, and business development)
• innovative / fresh / modern (though not ‘funky’, ‘hip’)
• accurate / precise / thorough – “process management and control”
• trusted / professional / honest / straight talking
Of all bookkeepers, the serive is likely to appeal to those who:
• are more process and systems oriented – they will understand how we can offer our service, and will be better placed to outsource some of their work
• want to grow their business
• are ambitious and confident and would like to take on more complex work than data entry
• are open and appreciate innovation / change and technology
Background information on bookkeepers:
A survey done in 2005 by the Australian Tax Office found 77% of bookkeepers in Australia were females, 71% were over 40, 77% were sole practitioners. Further:
Surveyed bookkeepers consider these to be their important skills:
• Basic accounting knowledge - 78%
• Thoroughness and attention to detail - 77%
• Being orderly and well organised - 68%
• Problem resolution - 58%
• Computing/technology - 49%
Surveyed bookkeepers rate their technological capacity and usage as follows:
• 70% very/fairly high tech
• 27% mid tech
• 3% low tech.
Surveyed bookkeepers find these elements the most rewarding/motivating part of their work:
• flexible working arrangements (66%)
• seeing satisfied and happy clients (65%)
• transforming messy accounts into clear, tidy ones (59%)
• helping clients solve problems (51%)
• building personal relationships with clients (49%)
• solving complex problems (48%).