We're not a business, per se -- we're the IT deparment of a major silicon valley software company -- but we aim to run things like a business, and we're launching an internal branding initiative to "put a face to IT." To give you a sense of what we're trying to accomplish:
Our Current Situation:
- We know little about our customers (end users)
- We have no ability to engage end users except for surveys and help desk tickets
- Our users are currently victims to disparate, uncoordinated IT outreach/initiatives
- Focus on initiating and maintaining LONG TERM relationships with end users (our “customers”)
- Get to know customers and their history
- Build and maintain our IT brand so we can:
- Set expectations of "the IT experience" before customers even interact with us
- Sell our IT vision: “I am more successful at my job because of IT”
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- A new IT internal, online community and corresponding new way of engaging with IT will be a core piece of our strategy
We want the logo to represent everything we already are (knowledgeable, dependable, innovative) and some things that we are not (YET!) but that we aspire to be: RELATABLE, APPROACHABLE, humorous, sometimes irreverent, but through it all, maintaining professionalism and delivering value with each interaction.
Ideally the logo will serve , not just as a means to identify us to our customers, but also inspire us through our evolution. We know it's a lot to ask of a logo, but we have faith that you're up for the challenge, so join the evolution and submit your design today :)!